According to the brochure, “Virginia State Parks are a tonic for the mind, body, and spirit”. I concur. It was such a pleasure to visit in such a peaceful place where time slows down and there is so much to see and enjoy. If this turns out to be a long drive, be sure to save time to visit a nearby winery such as Arterra Wines or Delaplane Cellars. Might as well take in as much as you can.
Here are some things I think all new visitors should know before heading here:
- Bring hats to protect from the sun and lots of water. The shady areas are sometime far and few between.
- Upon entering the park, you will enter the main visitors booth. There is a $10 parking charge on the weekends, $7 during the week.
- If you are not going on a hike or camping, follow the main road all the way to the main visitors center where they offer tours.
- They are pet friendly.
- Wear sensible shoes and cool cotton clothing on the hot days in summer.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
11012 Edmonds Lane, Rte. 17
Delaplane, VA 20144
- Phone Number: (540) 592-3556
- Website: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/sky-meadows.shtml#general_information
- Fees: Full list of Fees
So that was our amazing visit to Sky Meadows. Please let us know where our next amazing adventure should be. We want to do it all. Also, be sure to see our other blogs on the Outdoors in Northern Virginia.